How has the turnaround environment transformed over the past few years?
In the past, workout professionals were primarily contracted to transition problematic borrowers out of a crisis of some sort by banks. Today, turnaround professionals are more often working directly with borrowers on how to evaluate strategic alternatives, address management/leadership capability gaps, or consider sale/leasebacks as a way to inject liquidity into a company.
Mark was interviewed by Michael Toglia, Publisher of ABL Advisor. Their discussion covered hot topics in Turnaround.
- When seeking to inject liquidity into a company, outside of utilizing various lending sources, what strategies are borrowers implementing to access required liquidity?
- Will the rising interest and inflation rates in the U.S. cause an increase in the number of crisis engagements for consultants?
- What sectors will be most impacted by the rise in interest rates and supply chain issues causing economic hardship for borrowers?
How We Can Help: Recent Examples
- Healthy companies debating where/how to invest for growth
- Decision support – identify & evaluate options; model scenarios
- Disposing of business units not aligned with go forward strategy
- Leadership teams evaluating options to upgrade finance & operations talent
- Companies considering sale/leaseback of owned RE to invest in operations
- Auto suppliers facing customer resistance to price increases on unprofitable contracts
- PE and family-owned firms exploring feasibility of management buyouts (MBO)
Contact Mark about how we can help with your unique needs.